Shaoshan, one of the four major revolutionary memorial lands of China, has been well known in the world because of Mao Zedong, a great leader of China. With fascinating scenery, Shaoshan Scenic and Historic Interest Area is mainly composed of Former Residence of Mao Zedong, Shaofeng Peak, Dishui Cave, Qingxi and Heishizhai scenic areas.Former Residence of Mao ZedongThe Former Residence of Mao Zedong is one of the national AAAA scenic spots. The residence named Shangwuchang, is located in a valley which is well landscaped. The house that faces the south was built with adobe and grey tile- roofed. It is of a half-timbered structure, and used to be a normal farmer house in the south of China. In the front there are rice fields and pools, in the back there is a hill with diverse trees, on the left there is a vegetable field and on the right there are vegetable fields, rice fields and grain-sunning ground. It covers a land area of 566.39 square meters, with 20 rooms. The east part of the residence with 14 rooms belonged to Mao\\\'s family, whilst the west part with 5 rooms belonged to his neighbors, and the living room was shared by the two families. Mao Zedong was born here on Dec. 26, 1893. He spent his childhood and boyhood here. In the fall of 1910 he left this village for study. After he joined the revolution, Mao Zedong returned ShaoShan for 5 times, for the purpose of revolution, inspecting or visiting his villagers. In 1966 he came here for the last time and spent the time in Dishui Cave (Dripping Water Cave). This residence was destructed in 1929 by Kuomintang, after 1950 its original appearance was recovered. In April, 1961, this former residence was announced by the State Council as a Key National Historical Reservation Unit, and then in 1982 its name was changed to Former Residence from Original Residence. Now all the rooms have been renovated to be their original appearance and layouts: their bedrooms (Mao, his parents and his two brothers\\\'), the living room, kitchen and other rooms. The historical relics include: the furniture in Mao\\\'s bedroom and his parents\\\' bedroom (bed, wardrobe, desks, stool and chair), the jar and cupboard in the kitchen, stone grinder, man-driven irrigation tool and the harrow in the Farm Implements Room, the rice pestle and man-driven blower for rice in the Pestle Room.
HOT Changsha & Zhuzhou & Xiangtan
The name Mount Yuelu is related to a famous line from the book\" Story of Nanyue\" written by Liu Song of the Southern and Northern Dynasties (420AD-589AD). The line reads eight hundred square meters around Nanyue, the head is Huiyan and the foot is Yuelu. And the mountain was ever since called Mount Yuelu. As an extended part of the mysterious Mount Hengshan range, Mount Yuelu covers a total area of 8 square kilometers with its highest peak 297 meters above sea level. There are also many peaks with exuberant trees and reclusive and precipitous mountain streams.Except for the beautiful natural sceneries, Mount Yuelu is also dotted with lots of famous places and ancient relics since Western Han Dynasty(206BC-25AD), such as Aiwan Pavilion, Lushan Temple, Wangxiang Pavilion, Lushan Temple Stele of Liyong (678AD-747AD) in Tang Dynasty, and the Monument to Emperor Yu carved in Song Dynasty, etc. Among the evergreen pines and cypresses also lie Huangxing\'s Tomb which is under state protection, and the Tombs of Cai E and Chen Tianhua, who were both outstanding revolutionists.Aiwan PavilionAs one of the four well-known pavilions in China, Aiwan pavilion is a pavilion of ancient style built in the Qing Dynasty. It is square in form with gilt columns and painted red inside. There are four external beams made with complete stripes of granite. It is constructed with double eaves on top with four slopes. And a spiking treasure bottle is fitted atop. Its four corners stretch away upward, covered with greenish glazed tiles.The original name of Aiwan Pavilion was Hongye Pavilion and the present name is derived from the poem Strolling in the Mountain written by Du Mu (a poet of Tang Dynasty).Aiwan Pavilion is not only a famous scenic spot, but also an important site of treasured memories of the revolutionaries like Mao Zedong, Cai Hesen, and Luo Xuezan.Lushan TempleThe Lushan Temple, also known as Luyuan or Huiguang Temple, built by the monk master Fachong of Zan religion during the Jin Dynasty (265AD-420AD), has a long history of more than 1700 years. The temple was first built in the second year of Renshou during the reign of Emperor Wen of the Sui Dynasty (581AD-618AD) as he gave an imperial edict that a pagoda for Buddhist relics be built. During the 18th year of Kaiyuan under the reign of Emperor Tang Xuanzong, the well-known writer and calligrapher Li Yong wrote \"Lushan Temple\" for the stele, known as San Jue Bei, a stele perfect in such three aspects as literary talent, calligraphy and engraving.Originally, it had a main hall and a rear hall, however, nowadays only the rear hall remains there. The arch gate of the temple is built in the local architectural style and upon it there is a sign bearing the legend \"Ancient Lushan Temple\".It is roofed with yellowish tiles and supported by red columns.The Lushan Temple Stele, a black stone with a round top, is a well-known stele of ancient China. Four Chinese characters of \"Lu Shan Si Bei\"(Lushan Temple Stele) were inscribed on it and the inscription on it contains 1419 Chinese characters which recorded the origins and the development of Buddhist doctrine preaching activities through the period between the establishment of the temple in the Jin Dynasty (265AD-420AD) and the setup of the stele in the Tang Dynasty (618AD-907AD).Transport: Bus Nos. 202, 913, 902, 305, Lishan special line, Tour line 1st. It takes just about 30 minutes ride to the railway station, and one hour to the airportAdmission (for reference): Free of charge nowTel:(86)731-88822316Opening hour: 7:30-18:00 (May 1st-October 31st)8:00-17:30(November 1st-April 30th)Information updated on January 8, 2012: Yuelu Mountain & Orange Isle Scenic Area was successfully upgraded to the sixth national 5A-class scenic area in Hunan Province.In recent years, the CPC Changsha Municipal Committee and the Changsha Municipal People\'s Government have made great efforts in the renovation and environmental treatment of the scenic spot, investing 1.67 billion yuan in upgrading the Orange Isle Scenic Spot and 2.25 billion yuan in Tianma Mountain Scenic Spot for ecological restoration and environmental treatment. Due to the remarkable development and environmental improvement recently, it was successfully upgraded to a national 5A-class tourism area, taking Yuelu Mountain, Orange Isle, Yuelu Academy and Xinmin Institute as a whole. The plate will be conferred at a later date.Source: Hunan Official Web Portal
Changsha & Zhuzhou & Xiangtan
Fantawild Adventure Theme Park was jointly designed and constructed by Fantawild Holdings Inc. Fantawild Adventure will excite and entertain visitors with a large variety of attractions, featuring the high-end technology, along with interactive environment and entertainment attractions.Fantawild Adventure Park is a park that blends modern technology, traditional theme and spectacular attractions, which covers an exceptional pleasure ground. This breakthrough theme park requires a space of 40,000 to 600,000 square meters land and can uniquely modify the park according to the available dimensions. Each theme is masterfully developed to create contemporary amusement and memorable experience.
Changsha & Zhuzhou & Xiangtan
Standing on Yueyang Tower, gazing at picturesque Dongting Lake, visiting ancient architectural cluster in Zhang Guying Village, sailing and picking lotus seeds at Tuanhu Lake, and celebrating dragon boat racing festival in Miluo city, you are welcome to Yueyang.Situated in the northeast of Hunan Province, Yueyang has been famous in China for the picturesque Dongting Lake and gorgeous Yueyang Tower since ancient times.A Bright Pearl Beside the Dongting LakeDongting Lake, which is so vast and mighty that it seems boundless, is like a fancy satin belt encircling the ancient city of Yueyang. In Yueyang Tower, Fan Zhongyan, an outstanding official in Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127), sighed and said: “Be the first to worry about the affairs of the nation and the last to enjoy oneself.\\\\\\\" The tower stands on the ancient city, and looks down at Dongting Lake covered by mist and fog. In the long process of history, Yueyang Tower has attracted numerous literati, where they composed poems and appreciated the fascinating scenery, making the tower a cultural landmark of the city. The Yueyang Tower stands on the west gate of the Yueyang city wall, looking down at the Dongting Lake, facing the Junshan Island in the distance, and linking the Yangtze River to the north and the Xiangjiang River to the south. Standing on the tower, one can gaze at the distant view of the mists and ripples of the Dongting Lake, with boats sailing on the vast lake.The City of Dragon BoatYueyang, also known as the City of Dragon Boat, where Miluo River runs through, is the cradle of dragon boat culture. The event was originated from a piece of Chinese history; which says that on the 5th day of the 5th month of the Chinese lunar calendar in 278 BC, Qu Yuan, the patriotic poet, drowned himself in the Miluo River. In order to commemorate him, Yueyang held 10 consecutive international dragon boat races in the 1980s and 1990s. Since then, the Yueyang International Dragon Boat Festival has been held every year, and these days, more than 100 teams from all over the world participate in the competitions.A Land of Milk and HoneyWith beautiful scenery, pleasant climate, fertile lands and rich products, Yueyang is reputed as the Land Flowing with Milk and Honey.
Changde & Yueyang & Hengyang
Yueyang Miluo River (Miluo Jiang)Area: YueyangKey Words:Yueyang Miluo River (Miluo Jiang)Themes:holiday, culture, folk customs, natural scenerySuitable for: lovers, students, tour palsIntroductionMemory of the Miluo RiverMi-(mì) LUO Jiang-Xiangbei in the Xiangjiang River is the largest tributary in Hunan Province. Mi-water upstream has two sources: derived from the East Xiushui County of Jiangxi Province; west expenditures in the northeast of Hunan Pingjiang Xian Long-Zhang Shan, two tributaries of Pingjiang Xian in the west concourse, the westward into the Miluo City, Lei Rock Hill into Dongting Lake . Miluo River totals a length of 253 km, a basin area of 5,543 square kilometers. Miluo River originates in Xiushui County, Jiangxi Province, and the west flows through the Pingjiang Xian, Miluo City (Mi-water and LUO Jiang-in the county in the concourse), into the Xiangjiang River to Xiangyin County. The trunk stream is 253 km long, the basin area 5,543 sq. miles, the largest tributary in the Xiangjiang River range in Xiangbei.Miluo River has main tributaries such as paper Ma River, the cars on the River, Tung Chung River, and papaya River. Luo water originated from Aupui Township,Yueyang County,southwest flow to Miluo City, with a length of 88 km and the valley area of 595 square kilometers. Chang also known as Mei Xianshui rivers,with a length of 84 km and the valley area of 670 square kilometers.Miluo River is famous for the prominent Qu Yuan. Qu was a Chinese scholar and minister to the King from the southern Chu during the Warring States Period. His works are mostly found in an anthology of poetry known as Chu Ci. His death is traditionally commemorated on the occasion of the Duanwu Festival (端午节/端午節), which is commonly known in English as the Dragon Boat Festival or Double Fifth (fifth day of the fifth month of the traditional Chinese calendar).In 278 BC, learning of the capture of his country\\\'s capital, Ying, by General Bai Qi of the state of Qin, Qu Yuan is said to have written the lengthy poem of lamentation called \\\"Lament for Ying\\\" and later to have waded into the Miluo river in today\\\'s Hunan Province holding a great rock in order to commit ritual suicide as a form of protest against the corruption of the era.Qu Yuan is regarded as the first author of verse in China to have his name associated to his work, since prior to that time, poetic works were not attributed to any specific authors. He is considered to have initiated the so-called sao style of verse, which is named after his work Li Sao, in which he abandoned the classic four-character verses used in poems of Shi Jing and adopted verses with varying lengths. This resulted in poems with more rhythm and latitude in expression. Qu Yuan is also regarded as one of the most prominent figures of Romanticism in Chinese classical literature, and his masterpieces influenced some of the greatest Romanticist poets in Tang Dynasty such as Li Bai.Other than his literary influence, Qu Yuan is also held as the earliest patriot in China\\\'s history. His social idealism and unbending patriotism have served as the model for Chinese intellectuals to this day, particularly following the establishment of new China in 1949. For example, in the 1950s China issued a postage stamp bearing the \\\"likeness\\\" of Qu Yuan.Address: west of Dongting Lake, YueyangTickets: 20 yuanOpening timeFolk customes : Dragon boat races
Changde & Yueyang & Hengyang
Area: YueyangKey Words:Zhang Guying VillageThemes:cultural relics , historical sitesSuitable for: family, students, the elderlyIntroductionThe newly discovered Zhang Guying Village is an ancient architectural cluster built over 600 years ago during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). It is located at the foot of Bijia Mountain in the mountainous Weidong area east of Yueyang County and is 73 kilometers (about 45 miles) from the downtown area of Yueyang City. Enjoying the fame as the \\\'Folk Imperial Palace\\\' and \\\'First Village under the Sun\\\', Zhang Guying Village covers an area of 50,000 square meters (about 12 acres) featuring carved pictures on surface of the building, a zigzag laneway and the occult dooryard. The architectural style imparts an air of mystery.Address: at the foot of Bijia Mountain in the mountainous Weidong area east of Yueyang County and 73 kilometers (about 45 miles) from the downtown area of Yueyang CityTickets: 39 YuanOpening hours: 8:00 -18:00
Changde & Yueyang & Hengyang
Situated at Pingjiang County, Yueyang, Hunan, the Shiniu Village National Geo-park is the biggest among all the newly-discovered Danxia landform in China. The Danxia landform refers to various landscapes found in southeast and southwest China that “consist of a red bed characterized by steep cliffs”. It is a unique type of petrographic geomorphology found in China. Danxia landform is formed from red-colored sandstones and conglomerates of largely Cretaceous age. Shiniu village scenic area lies at the cross of Hunan, Sichuan and Jiangxi Province, which is 65 kilometers away from Changsha.It has a height of 523 meters and stretches over 10 square kilometers. Because there stands a huge stone that resembles a yellow cow to the west in the area, the place is also called Shiniuzhai (In Chinese, Shi means stone; niu means cow; zhai means stockade). In 2011, the geo-park was authorized as a national geo-park.It is a representative park renowned for five kilometers precipice and 50 kilometers Danxia landform and an old stockaded village which is about a thousand year old. The geo-park owns beautiful and charming sights. It is a world made up of strange stones, unusual mountains and stone caves, different in thousands of ways, fantastic and breath-taking. With a rugged and steep geographical position, some people would call Shiniu Village as the “little Mount Hua” - Mount Hua is a very famous scenic spot in Shannxi, China. Besides, it is tinted with mystery with light red tops and dark brown cliffs.
Changde & Yueyang & Hengyang
The site in Chexi Township in the west of Lixian County is the oldest and best preserved site of a city with the richest cultural relics in China. There are sites of the city moat and an altar. Some plots of rice field under the city wall, dating back to 6,500 years ago, are the earliest and best-preserved rice plots so far found in China. They prove that the Yangtze River Valley is also a cradle of the Chinese civilization.
Changde & Yueyang & Hengyang